Publisher Eternal Press

Publisher Eternal Press
Love and the Paranormal

Monday, June 29, 2015

Kick a Dirt Clod
By Linda Hays-Gibbs

The day was sunny and hot as people danced and ran around excitedly
I knew the very fly, that rot, that buzzed around my head delightedly
I kept my mouth tightly closed though, in silent confused awe
I didn't really think it would happen, no not at all
So all my best kept words were still tightly sealed
In a giant pickle jar under a hill, that my thoughts had filled, so lazily
I limped off behind the juniper tree to find my voice...
But I knew right then I didn't really have much of a choice
And as my tears finally silently slid
I knew I was no longer a silly kid
And all my prayers would go no higher, but not
Because I didn't call him a liar
And the fear in my gut just would not stray
As I saw God kick a dirt clod and turn away

No comments:

Post a Comment